Can't run the segmentation example , black screen I get 3 errors

Unity version 2020.3.8f1
ARDK 1.1.0

Description of the issue:

I get 3 errors:
1)-
Exception: An exception occurred in a method subscribed to an ARDK event, check the device logs for more information
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue._ConsumeQueue () (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:89)

2)-
System.DllNotFoundException: ardk_client_platform
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Niantic.ARDK.Configuration._NativeArdkConfig._NAR_ARDKGlobalConfigHelper_SetContextAwarenessUrl(string)

3)-
#Niantic.ARDK.VirtualStudio.AR.Mock._MockFrameBufferProvider#: Layer ARDK_MockWorld does not exist
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)

And get the black screen in play mode

1 Like

I am also running into problems running the Segmentation example on a M1 2021 16" MacBook Pro running Unity 2019.4.34. I get the same error #1) and #3), but different error for #2. I’m also using the M1 patch.

1. #Niantic.ARDK.VirtualStudio.AR.Mock._MockFrameBufferProvider#: Layer ARDK_MockWorld does not exist
  2. System.DllNotFoundException: TODO_DOES_NOT_EXIST
  3. Exception: An exception occurred in a method subscribed to an ARDK event, check the device logs for more information

I have the exact same problem, I’m on PC, I have the layer ARDK_MockWorld created, but when I press Play I get two errors :

• System.DllNotFoundException: ardk_client_platform
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) Niantic.ARDK.Configuration._NativeArdkConfig._NAR_ARDKGlobalConfigHelper_SetContextAwarenessUrl(string)
  • #Niantic.ARDK.VirtualStudio.AR.Mock._MockFrameBufferProvider#: Layer ARDK_MockWorld does not exist
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)

@halihoyt Any insights on what might be the problem here?

rolling this up to our support team. Thanks for the tag!

For the “Layer ARDK_MockWorld does not exist” error, you might need to create the ARDK_MockWorld render layer to utilize ARDK’s Mock Mode. Example scenes usually have the layer already created, but a new scene won’t have it. See the screenshots in step 6 of this tutorial for an example of how to create the layer: Niantic AR Development Kit (ARDK): Semantic Segmentation Textures Tutorial

Hi Pedro, we are aware and working on this issue involving the black screen in play mode. These errors are expected, and you should still be able to build from here. Check to make sure you have removed Vulkan:** **Edit > Project Settings > Player > Other Settings. Also, you will need to add the layer ARDK_MockWorld in Unity. This tutorial will show you how to add the layer under 8. I hope this helps.

Please open a new topic digitalmonkey and Boulain Mathias to address your issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Moranda,

1)- I saw your comment on my post about removing Vulkan, not sure if I got it right.
On the player setting y see Vulkan settings, but all the options , like SRGB Write Mode* are unchecked, it this correct?

2)- I’m using Unity version 2021.1.7f1, is that correct?
3)-I switched to work on the Intermediate Meshing tutorial and I still get the following 2 error messages:

System.DllNotFoundException: ardk_client_platform

Exception: An exception occurred in a method subscribed to an ARDK event, check the device logs for more information
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue._ConsumeQueue () (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:89)

I solved the Mockup layer issue already

Hi, Pedro, glad we were able to resolve the Mockup layer issue. Here are the steps to remove Vulkan:

By default, Unity usually adds in the Vulkan API in the player settings for Android when making a new Unity project. To remove the Vulkan API:

1. In Unity, go to File > Build Settings
  2. Click Android, then click the Switch Platform button. (you can skip this step if if Android is already the selected platform)
  3. Click Player Settings
  4. Under Other Settings, find the Graphics APIs section
  5. Click Vulkan, then click the “-” minus button

You are able to use Unity version 2019.4.21 or later.

In regard to the last few errors that you mentioned, we are still working on adding support for M1 Macs and Windows. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please confirm what platforms ARDK runs on? And can you please clarify the dev platforms vs running the build?

If I understand correctly, we can not develop in the Window environment? Is this true for 1.0 and 1.1?

Hi Suzan, thanks for writing in. Please open a new topic to get help with this issue.

Hi,

I have a very similar issue. I’m following the tutorial video - Getting started
Running on PC - Unity 2019.4.34f1
I’ve setup the ARDK_MockWorld layer, switched to android and applied the appropriate settings. On enter play in editor

2 errors -
1: System.DllNotFoundException: ardk_client_platform at (wrapper managed-to-native) Niantic.ARDK.Configuration._NativeArdkConfig._NAR_ARDKGlobalConfigHelper_SetContextAwarenessUrl(string)
2: Exception: An exception occurred in a method subscribed to an ARDK event, check the device logs for more information Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue._ConsumeQueue () (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:87)

Hello Adam, we’re currently working on bringing official support to PC (and M1 Mac), which will be happening in a future update. In the meantime, many of the features should already be working on these platforms in version 1.1.0 (M1 Mac users will need to use the workaround).