Don't know where to set camera resolution

• Issue category: ARDK Documentation / Scanning Framework
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • ARDK version: 2.5.2

Description of the issue:
Hi!
I noticed this old thread today as I was searching to make iOS camera feed higher resolution: Question about Camera Feed Resolution in Unity

However, I don’t know how or where I should change resolution of AR Camera. What class contains camera settings?

I am currently developing using the Scanning framework for iOS, and I’ve noticed that the displayed resolution on my phone is lower than what my camera should be.

Thanks

Hi Arvid,

Unfortunately, it looks like the solution pointed out in that thread is incorrect and the ResolutionMode enum only affects the resolution of the rendering camera – not the resolution of the camera feed which is what you’re looking to improve. At the moment, there isn’t a cut-and-dry solution I can recommend as trying to get the highest resolution camera feed available is still something our development team is investigating. The culprit is most likely the underlying ARCore/ARKit framework we use which is abstracting away a delicate balancing act between visual fidelity and frames per second. Should you find a workaround, it will most likely be something that targets that framework directly rather than Lightship itself.

Kind regards,
Maverick L.