• Issue category: ARDK Virtual Studio Tools
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : Unity Mock
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 1.3.1
  • Unity version: 2021.3.2f1

Description of the issue:

I was able to successfully mock a detected image using MockImageAnchor and triggered AnchorsAdded event, I was unable to trigger any AnchorsUpdated event despite moving the GameObject through transform however.

Any help here is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hello Heeroll,

To better help troubleshoot the issue, could you please provide the following information?

• What are the OS’s of your iOS and Mac devices?
  • Are you using a scene from the ARDK Examples package or using your own custom scene?
  • Are you seeing any error messages or warnings in the Console window?
  • Did you refer to the information found on the Detecting Images page of the Lightship Documentation? This discusses how to detect images and subscribe to anchor events.

Hi @Stacy_Clifton ,

• macOS Monterey 12.3.1
  • it is a custom scene, but you may use the ImageDetection example as a reference
  • No error messages or warnings are in the Console window
  • Yes, MockImages added is working but there are no details on simulating MockImages updates in the docs

Thanks!

Hello Heeroll,

Thank you for your patience while we look into this further!

I’m working with our internal team to get more information regarding the AnchorsUpdated event. I will update you here as soon as I get more information.

Hello Heeroll,

Thank you again for your patience!

Just to clarify, was this issue occurring on device also or only in mock mode? It seems that there may be a bug when attempting to trigger AnchorsUpdated() in Unity’s mock mode, but it should work without issue on device.

I will continue to discuss the issue and how to resolve it with our internal team, but in the meantime, could you please verify that it works on your device?

Hi @Stacy_Clifton , this issue is occurring in mock mode, looking forward to any resolution that you may have after discussion with your internal team, thanks!

Hello Heeroll,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you!

We had confirmed that this was indeed a bug that was preventing the update from happening. This issue has since been resolved, and the AnchorsUpdated event should work without issue in ARDK 2.1 and later. Thank you!