Semantic example in unity errors out: Cannot generate mock semantic segmentation buffers unless the ArdkUrpAssetRenderer is added to the Renderer List

I have the example running fine on my ios device. I’m not sure what I need to do to solve this issue in unity. I started with a fresh project, following the demo on youtube.

I’m not sure what this issue means? I have the pipeline set, just when I push play in unity I get the following error.

Cannot generate mock semantic segmentation buffers unless the ArdkUrpAssetRenderer is added to the Renderer List.

A few things you are missing from the setup videos and documents. I only list that is you might get a lot of new people to programming, and unity, possibly even ARfoundation.

• Make sure to install Arfoundation / ARKIT / ARCORE

*Make sure to set the preferences for ARKIT (in player settings.> preferences >

I’m assuming I need to add this to the renderer in some way.

Hi Preston, are you referring to the Getting Started with Niantic Lightship demo on YouTube? If so, that demo does not use Universal Render Pipeline, and you should be able to get it working by starting a new Unity project with a template such as Mobile 3D.

If that’s not the case, and you’re referring to a different demo, can you please share a link to the demo video so that we can take a look to see what’s going on? Or if you’re trying to do something that’s not covered in one of the demos/documentation, please share some details and we’ll see what we can figure out.

Regarding the comment about AR Foundation / ARKit / ARCore, we automatically include ARKit and ARCore dependencies in ARDK, so there’s no need to install their respective Unity packages.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Hi David. When I push play in unity I get this error - I have no idea what it means, or how to solve it?

A little more context if I can - Using latest LTS of unity 2019 - MacOS Big Sur -
I’m also trying to use URP

Cannot generate mock semantic segmentation buffers unless the ArdkUrpAssetRenderer is added to the Renderer List.

#Niantic.ARDK.VirtualStudio.AR.Mock._MockFrameBufferProvider#: Cannot generate mock semantic segmentation buffers unless the ArdkUrpAssetRenderer is added to the Renderer List.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)

I’m assuming what this means, but it’s really starting to look like a bug.

As to the ARKIT / Arfoudation - For whatever reason, it did not pull those in automatically.

Hi Preston, apologies for missing your follow up post here! Are you still looking for assistance with this issue?