Todo does not exist

Include the following details while filing a bug report (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Adding Occlusion (depth manager, rendering manager) / Editor Mock Scene / M1 Mac
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: MacBook Air (M1 Mac)
  • Issue Environment : Unity Mock
  • Xcode version: NA (editor issue
  • ARDK version: 1.3
  • Unity version: 2020.3

Bug reproduction steps:
Following the occlusions tutorial
Creating scene
adding the ARDK components
when adding the depth manager and AR rendering manager (for occlusion) the app no longer starts in play mode, and this error appears:

System.DllNotFoundException: TODO_DOES_NOT_EXIST
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Niantic.ARDK.Configuration._NativeArdkConfig._NAR_ARDKGlobalConfigHelper_SetContextAwarenessUrl(string)
at Niantic.ARDK.Configuration._NativeArdkConfig.SetContextAwarenessUrl (System.String url) [0x00000] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/Configuration/_NativeArdkConfig.cs:56
at Niantic.ARDK.Configuration.ArdkGlobalConfig.SetContextAwarenessUrl (System.String url) [0x00000] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/Configuration/ArdkGlobalConfig.cs:92
at Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration._ARConfigurationValidator.SetMissingValues (Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration.IARConfiguration config) [0x00072] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/AR/Configuration/_ARConfigurationValidator.cs:187
at Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration._ARConfigurationValidator.RunAllChecks (Niantic.ARDK.AR.IARSession arSession, Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration.IARConfiguration newConfiguration) [0x0003d] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/AR/Configuration/_ARConfigurationValidator.cs:256
at Niantic.ARDK.VirtualStudio.AR._MockARSession.Run (Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration.IARConfiguration configuration, Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionRunOptions options) [0x0000e] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/VirtualStudio/AR/_MockARSession.cs:171
at Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager.Run () [0x00019] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:258
at Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager.CreateAndRun () [0x0000e] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:267
at Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager+<>c__DisplayClass27_0.b__0 () [0x0001b] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:171
at Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue._ConsumeQueue () [0x00042] in /Users/stanforduser/Documents/GitHub/smart_primer_ar/Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:72 from context:
#0 GetStacktrace(int)
#1 DebugStringToFile(DebugStringToFileData const&)
#2 DebugLogHandler_CUSTOM_Internal_Log(LogType, LogOption, ScriptingBackendNativeStringPtrOpaque*, ScriptingBackendNativeObjectPtrOpaque*)
#3 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.LogOption,string,UnityEngine.Object)
#4 (Mono JIT Code) [_CallbackQueue.cs:112] Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue:Update ()
#5 mono_jit_runtime_invoke
#6 do_runtime_invoke
#7 mono_runtime_invoke
#8 scripting_method_invoke(ScriptingMethodPtr, ScriptingObjectPtr, ScriptingArguments&, ScriptingExceptionPtr*, bool)
#9 ScriptingInvocation::Invoke(ScriptingExceptionPtr*, bool)
#10 MonoBehaviour::CallMethodIfAvailable(int)
#11 MonoBehaviour::CallUpdateMethod(int)
#12 void BaseBehaviourManager::CommonUpdate()
#13 BehaviourManager::Update()
#14 InitPlayerLoopCallbacks()::UpdateScriptRunBehaviourUpdateRegistrator::Forward()
#15 ExecutePlayerLoop(NativePlayerLoopSystem*)
#16 ExecutePlayerLoop(NativePlayerLoopSystem*)
#17 PlayerLoop()
#18 PlayerLoopController::UpdateScene(bool)
#19 PlayerLoopController::EnterPlayMode()
#20 PlayerLoopController::SetIsPlaying(bool)
#21 Application::TickTimer()
#22 -[EditorApplication TickTimer]
#23 __NSFireTimer
#24 CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_TIMER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION
#25 __CFRunLoopDoTimer
#26 __CFRunLoopDoTimers
#27 __CFRunLoopRun
#28 CFRunLoopRunSpecific
#29 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode
#30 ReceiveNextEventCommon
#31 _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter
#32 _DPSNextEvent
#33 -[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:]
#34 -[NSApplication run]
#35 NSApplicationMain
#36 EditorMain(int, char const**)
#37 main
#38 start

The same scene can run on my colleague’s macbook pro, but continues to give errors for my machine.

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the community!

We were unable to reproduce the errors you’re seeing when using an M1 Mac with Unity 2020.3.30f1 and the M1-specific patch found under the Developing Using M1 Macs section of the ARDK Troubleshooting page. Also, we were unable to reproduce the errors on an Intel Mac with Unity 2020.3.34f1.

Can you confirm that you’ve downloaded the m1patch.zip file and followed the steps to apply it to your Unity 2020.3 project on your M1 Mac?

Hi,

Yes, I did download the m1patch. To confirm, please see an image of Assets file structure, with the patches included:
Assets/ mcs.rsp
Assets/csc.rsp
Assets/ARDK/Internals/_ARDKLibrary.cs
Note: for some odd reason, by ds store file did change from my initial commit when creating adding UI interactions within a 3D environment. I did not modify that file (I do not have a program to properly read it), so I do not think it had an effect. (I cannot attach it here as attachments are not permitted)

Hi Elizabeth,

Could you attach the image of the Assets file structure? That may help us diagnose the issue further.

Additionally, .DS_Store files are a part of macOS that contain information about folder view options and thumbnail images. It should have no effect on the error message either way, and if you’re using git, then .DS_Store files can safely be added to your project’s .gitignore file to prevent tracking changes to them, if you prefer.

Hello,

Resolved the issue. My collaborator had a M1 mac, and those files were used for their computer, but my retina could not handle them.

Hi Elizabeth,

We’re glad you were able to identify the root cause of the issue. For future reference, you and your collaborator may want to consider using Unity 2021 for your ARDK project.

Although ARDK doesn’t officially support Unity 2021 just yet, using the Apple Silicon version of Unity 2021 on an M1 Mac removes the need to install the patch and should result in a project that’s compatible with both of your systems. Additionally, we haven’t identified any major compatibility issues between ARDK and Unity 2021 at this time. You can read more details about this announcement in Amanda’s post here.

Thanks for responding, and best of luck with the continued development of your project.