Visual compilation errors since update 2.0.0

Ok yea makes sense, sorry I was misunderstanding the problem.
And yea both of you are right, the problem seems to be the ARDK is with the Google.Protobuf version is trying to use, definitely a bug on the ARDK.

Here is my work around, though admittedly its not a super clean one either. Try replacing the protobuf with a recent one. This will only work if you have “Script for Debugging” check mark on Unity’s build settings btw.

1. Download the Google.Protobuf package from Nuget ( Tools → NuGet Package Manager → Manage NuGet Packages)
  2. Replace the one included by the ARDK with that one, this is harder to explain than do but here goes:
  • The install location for the correct package is <ProjectRoot>/Packages/Google.Protobuf.3.21.2/lib/net5.0/
  • Take the .dll and .xml file found there, rename them to Niantic.Google.Protobuf.dll and Niantic.Google.Protobuf.xml.
  • Move the files to <ProjectRoot>/Assets/ARDK/Plugins/Niantic.Protobufs/Google.Protobuf.3.19.4/net45/ and replace the ones there.
  1. Do the same for the .pdb file in the package and the one in Library/ScriptAssemblies/ :
  • Rename file <ProjectRoot>/Packages/Google.Protobuf.3.21.2/lib/net5.0/Google.Protobuf.pdb to include Niantic, so: Niantic.Google.Protobuf.pdb and put it in the <ProjectRoot>/Library/ScriptAssemblies/ folder.

Note: You might have to reopen Unity editor for it to recognize script components.

Let me know if this works for you all.
Sorry again about the confusion and delay on responses.