VPS Template - Using updated ARGameLogic.cs script for iOS - Object prefab not instantiating after tapping on device screen - any ideas please?

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: VPS
  • Device type & OS version: iOS iPad Air
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version: 13.4.1
  • ARDK version: 2.1.0
  • Unity version: 2020.3.37f1

Description of the issue:

I was able to use the updated code snippet from the walkthrough, build and run on device. Although, when I tap on the screen to place an object, nothing is placed.

Iv’e tried with the mushroom prefab and a custom prefab. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks

Hi Christian,

ARDK doesn’t offer iPad support at the moment, but I’m happy to troubleshoot the issue with an iPhone device.

Are you able to provide some screenshots of the Inspector view of some of your GameObjects? Namely, the GameObject that your ARGameLogic.cs script is attached to, and perhaps any ARDK-specific GameObjects in your hierarchy?

This may help us determine what’s happening with your scene.

Also, are you referring to the ARGameLogic script used in the Building with VPS guide? If so, have you made any modifications to the script?

Hey Rob, thanks for the reply.

I didn’t realize there wasn’t support for the iPad, I’m working on getting an iPhone for testing. I’ll rebuild on the device when I get it and circle back here if I have any problems.