ARDK 1.1.0 seems *fairly broken* in multiple areas - mocking, remoting, general setup issues:(

Thank you both for replying, @Patrick_Catanzariti and @Kevin_W_Young ! Really appreciate it.

-I cannot seem to reproduce that error from vanilla ARDK, but rest assured that this error should not block you from building or development, as you have seen from the posts you have linked. Please let me know if it is actually blocking your progress at all!

Agreed. imo it would be good to document the URP equivalent, TODO_DOES_NOT_EXIST (see Ben’s comment), because it threw me off as well till I found that thread.

I have since come to grips with the mock / simulator and think I have a better grasp of it now. Learning that (in my experience, at least) it only works with the Plane recognition API was a key moment, and they unfortunate way it breaks with any other feature made it seem completely broken when trying to run it with every other example. I think it would be good to be extra vocal about the limitations of mock mode - i.e the following - I’m sure I’m not the only one who naively tried to utilize mock mode to do meshing and hit test detection. I’m still not sure about its exact capabilities (should it be able to do meshing and segmentation, just not hit testing?), but sticking to planes seems to do the trick for now - every other example is still broken for me, and attempts to utilize it with the meshing manager etc. are fruitless. The semantic segmentation example still doesn’t work for me, although it may be a case of further troubleshooting.

-Can you tell me specifically what error you have encountered in the mocking mode? Mock camera is only a demonstration of what your settings can do, and does not implement your phone camera for meshing.

Mostly, black screen and the inability to control the camera with the mouse / keyboard. In the semantic segmentation example all relevant buttons are disabled after hitting “Play” so I don’t see them in the game mode. Re-enabling them manually doesn’t help. I suspect it might be related to order-of-operations with the unity lifecycle, only because the manual init / run sequence in the planes example seems to run without a hitch. Pretty sure it’s not a layer problem because the same layer works in the plane anchors example. I’ve re-applied to be sure it’s on all children.
Note that at least one other person seems to be running into out-of-the-box issues with the sem seg sample, in particular.

-There are notification settings that you can adjust your push notifications to, and you can adjust accordingly to each of the threads you replied to. Would you kindly check if that is the case for you for the threads you have replied to?
Improvement! I’ve gotten one notification on this thread although didn’t get yours.

Really appreciate your prompt reply, especially knowing you folks are off on your much-deserved holiday break. On my end, I could mostly use confirmation about mock mode’s specific limitations - if it’s supposed to be compatible with all features (as per the docs) aside from most hit testing, I’ll keep cracking at it and maybe create a more specific thread. Thanks again and happy holidays!