Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Real-time Mapping-Depth
  • Device type & OS version: Android 9
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows 10
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • ARDK version: 1.3.0
  • Unity version: 2020.3 LTS

Description of the issue:
During meshing, sometimes the tracking can get lost. It usually re-localizes to an incorrect position and instead of improving that location as it does when meshing is disabled, it continues meshing (which is now completely off).
Can I somehow “Pause” the meshing process, so that I can ask the user to move to the last position before tracking failed, and then continue?

The reason I have two of these open is because when I created the first one, I got a 500 server error. So I thought it wasn’t created and posted here.

Hi Kareem,

Yes, you can pause the processing of the session using Pause() in IARSession. Here is the document link for your reference.

ARMeshManager has inherited properties from ARSessionListener, through which you should be able to access Pause functionality.

Please note that if the device moves while the session is paused, when the session restarts, world tracking will be incorrect until the session is able to re-localize.

Hope this information will be helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.