Niantic namespace not recognized

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Semantic Segmentation / Multiplayer / Real-time Mapping-Depth / ARDK Documentation / Unity Example Package / Sample App aka ‘AR Voyage’ / ARDK Virtual Studio Tools / Developer Tools
  • Device type & OS version: Android / iOS / Other Ex. iPhone 8+ on iOS 13
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac / Windows / Linux / Other Ex. Mac on Big Sur x.x
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / Unity Mock / On Device / Dev Portal
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version:
  • Unity version:

Description of the issue: The Niantic namespace isn’t recognized in my code. Any ways on how to fix this issue?

Hi Tristan,

Looking at the errors you are observing (in the screenshot attached), it seems the ARDK package is missing in your application. The ARDK has to be installed for the ARDK Examples scenes to work correctly.

Can you please download and import the ARDK package from here.

Note: If you have already imported the ARDK package into your application, try closing and reopening the Unity editor, clear console entries, and build your application again.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you this worked! :+1:

1 Like

I have started having similar issues. I completed the ball tutorial and got it onto my android phone. It’s only since importing the examples it’s happened. I have imported ARDK 2.4.2 but examples 2.5.2, is this the issue? I was having the same error but regarding ‘Scanning’. I imported the VPS template from the lightship hub and now I just get this ‘Codice’ error.

Hi @RidM

To ensure proper compatibility I would recommend downloading the latest version of ARDK, ARDK Examples, and Lightship Hub which you can do on your lightship.dev account. If the issue still persists, please open a new topic so that we can take a look into your issue there.