Protobuf conflict between maps and barracuda

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Lightship Maps Framework
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac & Windows primary development machine is MacBook Pro M1 on Ventura 13.4
  • Issue Environment : Unity
  • Xcode version: 14.3.1
  • ARDK version: 2.3.0
  • Unity version: 2021.3.10

Description of the issue:
Was looking to try out lightship maps in my project but when I add lightship maps the protobuf.dll conflicts with the one from barracuda package v3.0.0. I get two of the following error:
Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name Google.Protobuf.dll included on the current platform. Only one assembly with the same name is allowed per platform.

I tried grabbing the barracuda repository from GitHub and then removing their version of protobuf but it seems some reflection related items are required that don’t exist in the Niantic protobuf dll. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Radhakishan,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with no good workarounds. To resolve the conflict, you’ll have to remove one of the packages until a fix is pushed out in an upcoming version of Maps.

Best Regards,
Maverick L.

Thanks for the update will keep a look out.

Hi @Maverick_Liberty
Any update on this? My team and I are trying to add some sophisticated CV to our app and we’re also bumping into this problem. Would love to know if this can get bumped-up in priority and fixed in the next release.
Regards,
-T

@Radhakishan_Shetty Any known workarounds?

Cheers!

@Travis_Young I’m not aware of any work arounds. We will try maps again when we upgrade to ARDK 3.x. We have upgraded from Barracuda to Sentis. In the meantime we are using the GitHub - microsoft/MapsSDK-Unity: This repository contains samples, documentation, and supporting scripts for Maps SDK, a Microsoft Garage project.

Thanks @Radhakishan_Shetty . Wha’t ETA on ARDK 3.x?