Simple VPS hard-coded ARGeoLocation example

• Issue category: VPS
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / Unity Mock / On Device / Dev Portal
  • ARDK version: 2.0

Description of the issue:
I’m looking for a basic code example or link to documentation for simply placing a 3D object in a location covered by VPS.

I found this tutorial, but it’s far more complex than my needs and doesn’t provide an example of a hard-coded location: Building with VPS: Getting Started with Lightship - YouTube

The Lightship user manual is helpful to clarify steps missed through video tutorials. It also has documentation on the feature used to place 3d objects in VPS locations called “using Wayspot Anchors”. There is even a Wayspot Anchor starting template included in the ARDK Examples package. And even information on Shared AR experiences, and code examples for Sharing Virtual Object Information and Placing Virtual Content.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve done already. Not finding any place to include coordinates in the code or any example of including existing waypoints. These examples all show how to dynamically place within waypoints.

Thank you for the update. I’m reaching out for further assistance, though with the holidays, I do expect some delay. I appreciate your patience.

What you are looking to do is currently planned for development. Please check out the RoadMap, specifically [Real World Content Service] Lightship Real World Content Services (New Feature), for more information.

1 Like