Trouble adding custom materials/shaders to AR Mesh

Device type & OS version: iOS
Host machine & OS version: Mac
Issue Environment: Unity Mock / On Device
ARDK version: 2.0.0
Unity version: 2020.3.28f1

Description of the issue:

I’d like to use a custom shader with an animated material that shows waves across a mesh with alpha in between to simulate a scanning animation across the room.

I’ve created the shader and it works with primitive shapes and other meshes like planes, but for some reason, I can’t seem to get any custom materials to show up as I intend them to on the AR Mesh. I’ve tried this both with my own shaders as well as using the built in ones, but nothing with alpha mapped to some parts of the texture seems to show up correctly. It’s either completely solid or completely transparent.

I’ve tried this with both SRP as well as URP, and I have the same issue whether trying it with a build on my phone, or just applying the material to the mock meshes in the scene.

If anyone has any hints or ideas about why I’m getting this behavior, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Sam,

Can you please provide a screenshot of your issue and a copy/paste of any console error logs when you attempted to build with the custom shader?
Also please refer to this for more information about “Update our Shader to take a Texture and Transform.”