• Issue category: ARDK Virtual Studio Tools / Developer Tools / Networking
  • Device type & OS version: Android / iOS / Other Ex. iPhone 8+ on iOS 13
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / On Device
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 1.1.0
  • Unity version: 2021.2.8f1

Description of the issue:
Hey all! So I was experimenting with the AR Virtual remote tool but was unable to get the tool established. After following the documentation, I built the ARDK Remote Feed Application to my Android device. Soon after, I was able to connect to the editor after creating the tunnel(via the documentation). The application will show the green screen to announce that I connected to the session as well as showing me that it found my ARSession and IMultipeer session. However, I am unable to proceed after seeing that screen. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Hi Gregory,

While attempting to reproduce this issue, I was able to use the Remote App just fine. I was using a Windows PC to build the app and built it to Android. Please let me know if there is anything different about your setup.

Can you verify the following:

Did you grant Camera, Location, and File access permissions to the remote app? If not, you likely won’t be prompted for them and will have to do it in the settings on your device.

Did you attempt to run another example once you successfully got the green screen? The Remote App itself will not do anything past a green confirmation screen since it’s just programmed to verify a connection. Can you try running the Plane Anchors scene on the Unity Editor? The camera feed should be transmitted to the Unity Editor.

1 Like

Hey JesusH!
Sorry for the late reply, as I did not obtain any notifications for this question. I did not grant any permissions to the application, which is likely related to the issue at hand. I will verify your observations and confirm whether or not your recommendations work.

Thank you again!

Hello! I am having a similar problem and would really like to get this to work.
Host Machine: OSX 12.0.1
Device: iPhone SE 2nd gen
ARDK version: 1.2.0
Unity Version: 2019.4.35f1

I’m also using the ARDK Remote Feed example and have successfully connected to the editor via internet. But when I try to run an AR session I just get a black screen (attached).
I’ve made sure to enable camera permissions on Unity Remote 5 and I’m fairly certain that I’m creating the AR session properly because when I build to the device in a separate scene it works. When using the remote I am not getting any OnFrameUpdated events.
Thanks!

Hello Noah,

The reason you are running into this issue is because remote mode is currently only supported via USB connection, not internet. Please try going through the steps again but on USB mode and, if you run into any issues, please submit a new topic on the forums.

1 Like