AROcclusionManager and ARSegmentationManager working together cause Unity to crash

Include the following details while filing a bug report (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Semantic Segmentation / Real-time Mapping-Depth
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows / Linux / Other Ex. Mac on Big Sur x.x
  • Issue Environment : Unity Editor
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version:
  • Unity version: 2022.3.11

AR OcclusionManager and AR SegmentationManager working together with Playback (in the Editor) cause Unity to crash.

Most notable log is the following:

d3d11: Creating a default shader resource view with dxgi-fmt=0 for a texture that uses dxgi-fmt=28

Update: the problem seems to be the ARSemanticSegmentation script. So far I have had two cases that the app crashed (during Playback):

(a) both ARSemanticSegmentation and AROcclusionManager are on

(b) when Playback starts with ARSemanticSegmentation enabled, no crash. It seems the crash only happens when disabling and enabling ARSemanticSegmentation while Playback mode is on.

1 Like

Hi Manos,

Thank you for your patience. Are you disabling and enabling the manager through code or manually in the editor by unchecking the box next to the component?

I do it via script. But I just tested and it also crashes when doing it manually (while Playback is on and I’m in Play mode)

Do you have other scenes with these two managers that are also experiencing this issue or is the only scene in your project?

I did try to do a quick repro by hooking up some code that disables the Semantics manager to a UI button but my Playback scene kept running and I didn’t get any errors. Are you able to share the code that you execute when disabling it?