Client device disconnects from network when attempting to join the host network using Shared AR sample scene in ARDK 3.0 Beta 2

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Multiplayer / ARDK Documentation / Unity Example Package / Networking
  • Device type & OS version: Oneplus 6 (Android 11) / iPad 5th gen (iPadOS 16.2
  • Host machine & OS version: Oneplus 6 (Android 11) / iPad 5th gen (iPadOS 16.2)
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version: 14.2 Build version 14C18
  • ARDK version: ARDK 3.0 Beta 2
  • Unity version: 2021.3.20f1

Description of the issue:
Hey !

I was testing the new SharedAR sample scene for multiplayer. The build runs well on both devices (I am using a OnePlus 6 and an iPad) and I am able to localize to the private scan and host a session using either of the two devices. But every evetime I attempt to join the network as a client from the second device, the event OnClientDisconnectedCallback is fired off and I see Disconnected From Network prompt on the debug UI provided by the sample scene.

The client device never connects and I cannot see any pings or peer count go up on Host device.

• I did not make any changes in the sample scene except for adding my private VPS scan as ARLocation for co-localization.

• I join first as Host using one device and then attempt to join as client from the other device.

Any help/insights regarding this would be a huge help. Thanks in advance ! :slight_smile:

Hi Sahil,

Within Build Settings could you enable development build, redeploy the app to both devices, and keep them connected while you test? The goal is to look for error output in Android Studio or Xcode. Once you get more error information, please pass it along so I can help you further!

Kind Regards,
Maverick L.