Combine MeshSaver Mesh

Saved a mesh using the MeshSaver sample Scene.
I can see it in the editor using ARMeshManager + MockMesh as written in the documentation.

For performance reason, I want to merge all objects created (200+) into a single combined objects.
For this I used something like this : Unity - Scripting API: Mesh.CombineMeshes

It went horribly wrong once combined

Is there any way to get it working using other combine function ? Or does ARDK might in the futur make a combine function for their blocks ?

Issue category: Real-time Mapping-Depth
Host machine & OS version: Mac
Issue Environment : Unity Editor
Xcode version: /
ARDK version: 1.1.0
Unity version: 2019.4.34f1

Hi Delforges, just to confirm, it appears that you are not using the latest version of ARDK (you can download the latest edition here). Are you able to combine the meshes again using the current release? Please let us know if this helps.

Hi Delforges,

Just to let you know, we’ve moved this thread over to the “I’m Stuck” category where it’s more likely to be seen by the community. Thank you!

Hi Kevin,
Typo I’m using v1.1.0 (latest on downloads section) !

Hi Delforges,

This is very similar to a behavior that we came across in the past. The indices for the mesh seem to be corrupted. I am not sure if this will fix your issue but it might be worth a try.
Please verify that the index format of the mesh is set to Uint32. If not, you can set like follows: mesh.indexFormat = UnityEngine.Rendering.IndexFormat.UInt32;

2 Likes

Hi Delforges,

This is very similar to a behavior that we came across in the past. The indices for the mesh seem to be corrupted. I am not sure if this will fix your issue but it might be worth a try.
Please verify that the index format of the mesh is set to Uint32. If not, you can set like follows: mesh.indexFormat = UnityEngine.Rendering.IndexFormat.UInt32;

[Discourse post]

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.