ERROR: Unable to request a Vps Activation

Tried to activate VPS eligible waypoints but didn’t activate, also give error.

9 Likes

Same problem here, on the website and also within the Niantic Wayfarer app

5 Likes

Same issue here. Click on button ACTIVATE WAYSPOT but the minuteI levee the app or look at a different wayspot it goes back to ACTIVATE WAYSPOT the next time I go back to it or reopen app.

When going from broweser, clicking on ACTIVATE WAYSPOT only gives me the message ERROR: Unable to request a VPS Activation

4 Likes

More than 10 of my colleagues are experiencing the same problem. You cannot activate a POI neither for the first time nor reactivate an existing POI after uploading new scans.

ERROR: Unable to request a Vps Activation

This has been going on for the second or third day already.

6 Likes

same here :frowning: -please fix it.

3 Likes

@Lightship_team @LightshipTeam

We all requested, please resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Dinesh Valor :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Same here. Two days without being able to Activate a wayspot.

4 Likes

Same error. Vps ready to active but after click the active button and reload the wayspot, it still let me click the active button.

5 Likes

Yes. It also gives an error message " Unable to request a Vps Activation" here. There aren’t too many overclocking portals here, so a quick fix is ​​appreciated.

4 Likes

It hasn’t been working since Saturday. When you activate the wayspot, the activation disappears immediately when you click other wayspot. Chronos event time is limited so I fixing is needed very soon.

3 Likes

same here, i even logged out , uninstalled . rebooted phone. reinstalled and logged in .
Tried again and it activated 2 then back to the same error above as before.and getting a error or saying i have activated too many.

4 Likes

I’m seeing nothing but ERROR: Unable to request a VPS Activation when I try to activate too.
When will it be resolved?

3 Likes

Same question mine, no update/response from @Lightship_team @LightshipDevPartner

1 Like

…they are now on holiday

1 Like

Click Activate button and it looks fine. Click another wayspot, then back to the one you are trying to activate…nothing happened

Totally broken, it is!

1 Like

VPS activations are not possible at the moment

A lot of players have reported that trying to activate a Wayspot for VPS is not possible at the moment, instead giving out an error on Web or falsely showing that the activation started in the App.

It is currently unknown if this is a bug or a conscious decision by Niantic, however given that the problems started to appear around Friday the latter seems more likely.

To activate a Wayspot, players have to create a seperate account for the Lightship platform. That platform however is intended for developers using Niantic Lightship only and is worked on by a seperate team at Niantic than the Ingress team. It is possible (but not confirmed!) that the Lightship team was surprised by the sudden sign ups of non-developers and activation requests for VPS portals and decided to shut down VPS activations for the time being.

For agents, this means that there is currently no way to activate additional portals for Overclock. You’ll have to use the existing activated portals or capture and mod more portals to finish the Chronos event.

:exclamation:We want to remind again that the Lightship platform is intended for developers only. Using it to activate portals for Overclock is not its intended use and the Lightship team has every right to enforce this.

@IUENG

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

While VPS activations are still possible, we are experiencing a long backlog that is causing significant delays in the activation process. We appreciate your patience while we work through them.

6 Likes