How to get wayfarer app for android? Developer support

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Semantic Segmentation / Multiplayer / Real-time Mapping-Depth / ARDK Documentation / Unity Example Package / Sample App aka ‘AR Voyage’ / ARDK Virtual Studio Tools / Developer Tools / Networking / VPS
  • Device type & OS version: Android / iOS / Other Ex. iPhone 8+ on iOS 13
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac / Windows / Linux / Other Ex. Mac on Big Sur x.x
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / Unity Mock / On Device / Dev Portal
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version:
  • Unity version:

Description of the issue: Can somebody tell me if its possible to get wayfarer for android (I notice IOS have the opportunity, but can the development environment be democratized? And opened up to all?

Hello Natalie Clulam,

Thank you for your interest in the VPS! We appreciate your inquiry.
The wayfarer app could be available for Android the earliest by July only. Keep checking the official roadmap for updates.
Link to Roadmap: Roadmap – Niantic Lightship

1 Like

Thanks Ill be super excited to see it! Amazing work guys and gals!!

1 Like

Hi,

Any expected release date? I couldn’t see the android support of the Warefare App on Roadmap – Niantic Lightship

I would also be very interested to hear more on release. Lets hope soon!

The android support of the Wayfarer App is currently in the development phase but they aren’t slated for any particular release, so they don’t appear on the roadmap. But please be sure to check our Roadmap and Announcements periodically for updates about future functionalities.

Thank you!

1 Like