Is there any particular settings in need for Unity URP project?

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category : Unity Example Package
  • Device type & OS version : Android Samsung S21 (Android version 11)
  • Host machine & OS version : Windows 10
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version :
  • ARDK version : 1.2.0
  • Unity version : 2020.3.17

Hello all,
My team made an android application using Unity with URP.
In this application, it shows a 3D character on the screen so that we use URP.
We just want to add your AR features in our application so I imported ARDK 1.2.0 and the samples too.

Before importing ARDK into our URP project, To test your ARDK, I made an new project without URP and tested ARDK and the samples too. It works fine with any problems.

So, we thought that we can use ARDK into our URP project and imported it but it does not work.
I just tested the sample’s scene named PlaneAnchors. When I touch the run button, it does not work. the screen is black and the camera does not work. Of course I added some permissions and queries into AndroidManifest.xml and followed the Android build settings too.

Is there any particular settings to use ARDK in URP project?

To find precise reason, I made a new default URP project which Unity provides.
I simply imported ARDK 1.2.0 and the sample packages.
I just modified AndroidManifest.xml and Android build settings which you guided on documents.
Except that, I didn’t change anything and I didn’t do anything. I just open the sample scenes
(ex : PlaneAnchors or Rederers) add open scene to build and tested it.
Still the screen is black and camera does not work either.

To simply sum up.

1. Made a new URP Project (Unity provides)
  2. Import ARDK, ARDK Sample package
  3. Modified AndroidManifest.xml and build settings properly.
  4. Open sample scene and build
  5. the screen is black (button shows), camera does not work.

Please refer to this developer documentation and leave the Graphics Rendering Settings to “Default”. If the issue persists, please copy and paste any console error log text in response.
Hope this helps to resolve your issues.

Do you link the documentation? I am confused that this : Niantic AR Development Kit (ARDK): Rendering in ARDK
and Niantic AR Development Kit (ARDK): Using the Universal Render Pipeline this.

Both documents seem not having Graphics Rendering Settings.
Actually I am new at URP so…if you give a detailed advice, I would be appreciate.

Problem solved.

1. in Unity menu, Edit → Project Settings → Graphics
  2. Check the asset location of Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings (UniversalRP-HighQuality)
  3. It located in Assets->Settings as default. and click the asset (UniversalRP-HighQuality)
  4. Check asset in Inspector → General → Renderer List (ForwardRenderer as default)
  5. Click ForwardRenderer
  6. In inspector → Renderer Features → Add Renderer Features click
  7. Add ARSession Feature and Depth Mesh Renderer Feature
  8. Build and Run

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Excellent. I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue.