Rendering of unity objects seem flipped on its side in landscape format after setting up URP

Include the following details while filing a bug report (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Universal Rendering Pipeline with ARDK
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 12.0
  • Unity version: 2019.4.31

Bug reproduction steps:

1. Import ARDK package.
  2. Import ARDK Examples package.
  3. Install URP from Package Manager.
  4. Create a new URP asset.
  5. Add “ARSession Feature” and “Depth Mesh Renderer Feature” to the new URP renderer.
  6. Create a new unity scene.
  7. Add AR Scene Manager prefab to the scene.
  8. Add AR Depth Manager to ARScene Camera.
  9. Add ARMesh prefab to the scene.
  10. Build unity scene to device, and Run.

Hello Hyun Jong Won, thanks for posting about URP rendering. I’ll attempt to reproduce the issue and get back to you soon with a possible solution.

I recreated the steps and was able to verify the issue. I’ll forward this over to engineering and will let you know as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime here is what I’m testing: https://lightship.dev/docs/urp.html
-What is World Alignment set to in the AR Session Manager (Script)?

-You mentioned Unity objects not rendering correctly, would you please take a screenshot of these, as well as where they have been implemented in unity?

-I see that you are on ARDK version 0.12.0 The newest version of the ARDK includes several fixes to AR Depth and Rendering issues specific to Android that may help resolve this issue. https://lightship.dev/docs/notes_1_0_1.html

-It may be worth noting, if the Universal Render Pipeline wasn’t selected as the starting point of project creation, even with the package installed it’s possible that newly created objects won’t be tied to URP. You can manually convert your project assets to URP through:
(menu: Edit > **Render Pipeline **> Universal Render Pipeline > Upgrade Project Materials to UniversalRP Materials).

Hi Erik, thanks for the reply. The World Alignment has been set to “Gravity”. I’ll try the latest ARDK release and see if that fixes it. In regards to the urp setup, I’ve tried both ways where I imported the URP package post-project creation and upgraded the project materials, as well as creating a new project from the URP template. Here’s what the game looks like running on device (the phone is in portrait mode, however the unity plane thats supposed to be horizontal is flipped on its side. The gravity on the ball also seems to be towards the right direction, not down) :

Hi Hyun,
Thanks for clarifying that info. That image object placement and proportion looks very similar to how it tested out on my end as well. The updated ARDK should fix it, however, if the issue persists, please let us know.

I’ve verified the fix after importing the latest ardk. Thanks!