Android Crash in 2023.2.7

• Issue category: ARDK
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows 11
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • ARDK version: 3.3.0-2402121803
  • Unity version: 2023.2.7f1

Hey guys! I am running into an issue when incorporating ARDK into my existing project. It crashes immediately upon switching my AR provider over to ARDK + ARCore and building it to my Android device. This isn’t present when just using ARCore without ARDK.

Are there any known conflicts with Unity version 2023 and the most recent version of ARDK, or with Unity’s new Sentis package (used for AI/CV inference)? If so, has anyone run into a solution?

Unfortunately, logcat is giving no relevant crash log or error(s) before it occurs. I am sort of in the dark.

Hi Taylor,

I gave this a try and I was not getting any crashes. I installed ARDK 3 followed by Sentis, started with ARCore, set up a basic AR scene, then went back to the plugin management tab, unchecked ARCore, and checked Lightship + ARCore but it switched without an issue. I even re-checked ARCore and tried to simultaneously check Lightship + ARCore to see if that caused any issues but it didn’t, it automatically unchecked the standalone ARCore and only kept Lightship + ARCore.

If you did anything different such as maybe installing standalone ARFoundation before installing ARDK 3, please do let me know so I can test using the steps you took. I’m also not very familiar with sentis so if there’s anything sentis related that you had added to your Scene please do let me know since all I did was install it into my test project.

Also, something to note is that Sentis is still not production-ready from what I saw so we can’t guarantee full compatibility with ARDK 3 and the support we can provide is limited. Additionally, ARDK 3 is yet to be validated for Unity 2023 so we can’t provide much support for issues at the moment, but it is verified to work with Unity 2022.3.16f1 so, if possible, try downgrading to that version to see if that resolves anything :slight_smile: