Error on Anchored wayspot template

Hello, i’m trying to use the last ARDK version and unity 2021.3.6 to test the anchored position of lightship, i just tried to implement the anchored wayspot template on my macBook and made a build on my iphone13 , but i get an error: “Thread 1: EXC_BREAKPOINT (code=1, subcode=0x10692753c)” and on my phone i get the “Localisation Status: Failed”. Anyone who knows what i should do here?

Hello Vlad,

What version of Xcode are you using to create your build? With version 14 and later, Xcode will hang at a breakpoint when creating a build with ARDK. You can avoid this by manually launching the app without Xcode, but if you need to have Xcode attached for debugging purposes, you may want to consider downloading an older version of Xcode (such as 13.4.1) from Apple’s site under the Additional Downloads section here: Downloads and Resources - Xcode - Apple Developer.

For the “Localisation: Failed” error, are you near a wayspot to which you can localize? The template works in editor by using a mock environment or Virtual Studio Playback, but testing it on your device requires a wayspot for localisation. You can create your own private wayspot as outlined in our Generating Scans for VPS documentation, and you should then be able to localize properly. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if this did not resolve the issue.

Hello, thank you for your fast response.
I do use XCode 14 , because otherwise i was getting some errors on building and i really was not near a wayspot, i think i should find one and try again, thank you

Is this a problem if my wayspot is not activated? There are no activated wayspots in my country

Hello Vlad,

You do need to have a VPS-activated wayspot in order to localize, but this is not a problem if there are none in your area! You have 2 options to create VPS-activated wayspots:

1. Activate existing public wayspots - if there are public wayspots in your area that are not VPS-activated, you can add scans to them to activate them. You need at least 10 viable scans to request activation. More information regarding this process can be found in the Contributing Scans to Niantic Wayspots section of the documentation. Please note that public wayspots may be used in published projects, but it may take up to 7 business days for the activation process to complete after being requested.
  2. Create your own private wayspot - this will be accessible only to you and only localizable within apps that use an API key created with your lightship.dev developer account. This wayspot will not be discoverable through the VPS Coverage API and is not meant for published projects, but it is ideal for development and testing purposes. Please see this documentation for how to create your private wayspot. Your wayspot should be available for testing within 4 hours after submitting.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!