• Device type & OS version: Android 12, snapdragon 865, sony xperia 1 II
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • ARDK version: 1.3.1
  • Unity version: 2021.3.4f1

Bug reproduction steps:
Follow this guide to setup portals using stencil/zwrite:

Setup scene with meshing and depth occlusion

When tapped on a generated meshing mesh copy the gameobject and change the shader of the new mesh to the zwrite off shader

When occlusion is off this renders the mesh chunk as a proper portal. When occlusion is enabled the mesh will render as white. This is not something that should happen, as it should see the skybox/AR camera feed when doing this.

For more info I can email my project to support

I recreated the tutorial with the same ARDK version and Unity environment, though was not able to recreate your issue. Where were you turning occlusion on/off? It didn’t appear to make a difference on my end. Will you please provide screenshots of your issue along with your menus from Edit > Project Settings> Graphics, as well as Quality settings please? Additionally, please check out this post on URP rendering settings and change the ArdkUrpAsset in each setting to the newly created render asset you created from the tutorial. Please let me know if this helps.

Hey again!
Been a while, but I understand the issue now!
If nothing is present in the background of the portal it will turn white in AR (since it does not have a skybox etc). If the objects inside of the portal are culled because of the depth occlusion culling it will show white instead. Disabling depth culling fixed this for that reason.
Not sure if this really is a bug for lightship, but it does not render the camera feed behind the portal